Assistant Store Manager
Are you someone who can inspire others and who consistently leads by example?
Do you have a proven track record of building and developing top performing sales teams?
The key objective for this position is to grow the business, develop leaders within your team and assist the Store Manager with the development and maintenance of a successful store environment. Our ideal candidate is someone who is extremely organized, proactive, exhibits a business mindset and is passionate about being our next Store Manager. Strong customer service skills and a passion for gourmet confectionary are a must.
· Key focus is to support the Store Manager
· Assists in overseeing operations by initiating, coordinating, and enforcing program, operational, and personnel policies and procedures
· Provide leadership, management assistance and supervision in all aspects of managing a SQUISH location.
· A supportive, accountable approach to team building and training, along with sharp business acumen, to help drive sales and grow customer loyalty.
· Requires the frequent and routine exercise of discretion and independent judgment
· Assures a safe store environment by protecting employees and customers
· Proper execution of merchandising and marketing direction, and through adherence to our dress code
· Helps to maintain accurate inventory levels
Required Skills & Experience
· Minimum 1-2 years experience in a similar position
· Impeccable communication skills in English
· Friendly, positive, and social attitude good team player and inspires others
· Is positive and customer-service oriented; loves to go above what is required in order to help others
· Has strong communication and time management skills as well as the ability to provide and follow oral and written instructions
· Solid priority-management skills; well-organized and detailed-oriented, Solid ability to multitask and strong sense of initiative
· Has a sense of urgency, enjoys working in a fast-paced and deadline driven environment
· Flexible schedule (including nights and weekends)
· Working knowledge of MS (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
· Experience in gourmet confectionary or food-related retail an asset
What you can expect
· An opportunity to learn and develop in a growing company
· A positive and respectful work environment
· Overall success and personal growth
· Industry standard benefit package
· Competitive remuneration
· 2 weeks paid vacation
· Employee discount on our products
Reports to Store Manager
So if you're into working on a fun, dynamic and professional team who shares a love of candy what are you waiting for?
Squish welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations can be available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We thank all applicants for their interest in a position at Squish! however only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
- Monday 10:00am - 9:00pm
- Tuesday 10:00am - 9:00pm
- Wednesday 10:00am - 9:00pm
- Thursday 10:00am - 9:00pm
- Friday 10:00am - 9:00pm
- Saturday 10:00am - 6:00pm
- Sunday 11:00am - 5:00pm
- Thanksgiving - Oct. 14, 2019 10:00am - 9:00pm
- Remembrance Day - Nov. 11, 2019 10:00am - 9:00pm
- Black Friday - Nov. 29, 2019 8:00am - 9:00pm
- Christmas Eve - Dec. 24, 2019 10:00am - 5:00pm
- Christmas - Dec. 25, 2019 Closed
- Boxing Day - Dec. 26, 2019 1:00pm - 9:00pm
- New Years Eve - Dec. 31, 2019 10:00am - 5:00pm
- New Year's day - Jan. 1, 2020 Closed